Wednesday 24 June 2009

Exciting developments coming soon

I've been trying out a pair of the new Transistor shoes that should hit the shops in early 2010 - it's exciting stuff!! They are super light and built using a different technology that means no insole and a much lower profile. The lower profile means that they offer great stability and, although intentioned as a road/trail crossover I have already taken them through their paces on the Canyons section of Western States course twice - they give great confidence on the descents. Despite the lower profile and weight they offer good support and good cushioning (even for my ageing knees). I now have a pair with a bit more grip and forefoot protection for those pesky stones and plan to try them out on the traditional sufferfest that is the Hardrock 100 course recce - imagine, no acclimatisation, 3 and a bit days on trail carrying everything, loads of elevation,scree,rocks, snow and thunderstorms and all the while worrying about bears! Ah well, what doesn't kill you makes you stronger and I'll have my new shoes to keep me happy :) Look out for them - they rock!!

Mark:.....Blog: www.markhartell.blogspot.com

1 comment:

  1. Hello,
    National Geographic Adventure Magazine is considering mentioning the Vasque Transistor running shoe in our upcoming 'Innovators' issue. I'm writing from the photo research department to ask if you have any images or drawings of the shoes that we may look at. Please contact me at ahammond@ngs.org. Thank you.
    Amy Hammond
    National Geographic Adventure
    Photo Department

    ReplyDelete